Planning - Information To Review Before Installation
Your data is important and a little bit of planning now, will go a long way to ensure your data is protected and that you have the best backup and recover strategy in place.
- System Requirements - Before anything else, check that LiveVault Server Backup is compatible with your infrastructure.
- Bandwidth and Network Planning - Estimate the size of your data, how long the initial backup will take and if you will require a data shuttle for seeding
- Backup Policy Guidelines - Plan your backup policies, what data to include and exclude and the size of each policy
- Backup Schedules & Retention - Plan when to backup and how long we retain those backups for you.
- Security Considerations - Ensure that you have correct permissions to install the agent and secure the application
- Microsoft Exchange General Considerations - Ensure that
- Microsoft SQL Server General Considerations -
- Agent Installation
Pre-Installation - Action Required Before Installation
To ensure that your backups work and perform correctly it is essential that you follow the below pre-installation tasks:
- Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) Configuration
- Anti-Virus Configuration
- Firewall Configuration
- Microsoft Exchange Configuration - Ensure that Circular Logging is turned off.
- Microsoft SQL Server Configuration -