The following are some of the major new features of LiveVault 7.76 .
Supported Platform Updates
LiveVault 7.76 provides support for the latest operating systems and applications:
- Expanded support for SQL Server 2014 on all platforms supported by Microsoft.
- Support for application-aware backup and restore of FILESTREAM data in SQL Server.
- Updated LiveVault Virtual Machine Collector
- Update of the LiveVault Virtual Machine Collector to use VMware VDDK 5.5.3.
- Enhanced handling of cloned virtual machines with Virtual Machine backup and restore.
Linux Support Added to Server Templates
The Server Template feature has been extended to include support for Linux agents. Users can now add Linux server templates and define backup policy templates based on Linux rules.
The following guides have been updated in relation to this support:
- LiveVault Agent Distribution Guide
- Improved the reliability of the periodic server status report e-mails.
- Improved open-file handling and backup of large databases and large servers with optimizations to the file system filter driver.
- Redesigned the agent Downloads page in the LiveVault Web Management Portal to simply and clarify the download of software for supported platforms.
- Redesigned and improved LiveVault Disaster Recovery Guide to include procedures for performing test disaster recoveries.
- Improved TurboRestore Appliance and Media Restore Server (MRS) stability and uptime.
7.76 Documentation including the release notes can be located here
Who can answer my questions?
We are glad to speak with you and answer any questions that you might have regarding this notification. If you have any questions, concerns, or would like to provide feedback or enhancement requests, please contact Support using one of the following methods:
1300 722 344, Option 2