CloudRecover are pleased to announce the release of Connected 8.8.3, current customers will be automatically upgraded to this release during early April 2015
New in this release
This release now officially supports the following enhancements to Connected:
- The Connected Backup Data Center now supports installation on Microsoft® SQL Server 2014.
- The Connected Backup Mac Agent ships with and uses its own Java 8 bundle.
- Connected Backup no longer requires SSL 2.0 or 3.0 protocols and may be safely disabled.
- Updated the Connected Backup PC Agent filter driver.
- Updated the OpenSSL library to version 0.9.8zc to address the potential security issues.
- Supports backing up of removable drives. These drives must be presented and attached as a fixed drive to the operating system to be included in the backup set. (Connected Backup does not control how the drives are picked up).
This section lists the resolved issues in HP Connected Backup version 8.8.3:
- CB-38273. Improved the PC Agent SOCKS proxy behavior in cases where DNS resolution was unavailable
- CB-38502. Updated the Support Center to use the latest Microsoft Core XML Services (MSXML) 6.0.
- CB-38081. The Connected Backup Data Center is no longer dependent on the SQL Server Replication service and all the related SQL jobs have been removed.
- CB-38087. Removed the /CompAcctsOnly command line switch for the Compactor service as it is no longer used with Connected Backup 8.8.x versions.
- CB-38467. Improved error handling of missing EMO attachments.
- CB-38471. Removed the PC Agent temporary files that were created upon each Agent restart.
- CB-38645. Enhanced the Mac Agent to correctly select the root folder and it’s contents.
- CB-38581 / CB-38589. Resolved issues that prevented the users from signing in to Support Center.
For more information, please see the attached release notes