The Cloudrecover team is committed to providing you with the very best in data protection and recovery solutions. We are sending you this notification to make you aware that the Java 7 update 51, scheduled for release in January 2014, will negatively affect usage of the Connected Desktop Backup Support Center application.
What does this notification mean?
Our early tests indicate that Support Center will not work properly when used with Java 7 update 51.
What do I need to do?
While we understand and appreciate the importance of Java version 7 update 51, if you require the use of Support Center, we recommend reserving a machine for that purpose running any previously supported version, however if you must install Java version 7 update 51, please follow the workaround below .
We are targeting to have compatibility with Java 7 update 51 in Q2 2014.
Workaround if you have already installed Java 7 Update 51
As a workaround, you can use the Exception Site list feature to run the applications blocked by security settings. Adding the URL of the blocked application to the Exception Site list allows it to run with some warnings.
Steps to Add URLs to the Exception Site list:
- Press the Windows Key + R to open the run prompt, enter control and hit return, open the java control panel
- Click on the Security tab
- Click on the Edit Site List button
- Click Add in the Exception Site List window
- Click in the empty field under the Location field to enter the URL https://pcbackup.cloudrecover.com.au
- Click OK to save the URL that you entered
- Click Continue on the Security Warning dialog
Who can answer my questions?
We are glad to speak with you and answer any questions that you might have regarding this notification. If you have any questions, concerns, or would like to provide feedback or enhancement requests on Connected Backup, please contact Support using one of the following methods:
1300 722 344, Option 2