The LiveVaultData directory contains important files for the agent to function correctly.
There are several reasons for wanting to move the LiveVaultData directory, for example:
- You are running out of free space on the drive that contains the LiveVaultData directory
- You have removed the hard drive or changed the drive letter of the hard drive where the LiveVaultData directory resided
- You are migrating to new storage
To move the LiveVaultData Directory to another location complete the following steps;
1. Stop the LiveVault Service (Start>Run>Services.msc)
2. Move the LivevaultData directory to the new location
3. Open the LVconfig.xml file in notepad from the C:\Program Files\Autonomy\backupengine\ or C:\Program Files\Iron Mountain\backupengine\ folder and modify the LiveVaultDataPath entry to reflect the new path (the default path is either C:\LiveVaultData or D:\LiveVaultData.) then save the file.
4. Open regedit navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autonomy\LiveVault\5.0\EngineSettings\ then modify the value of the EngineDataRoot string to reflect the new location
5. Start the LiveVault service (Start>Run>Services.msc)