Add a Cluster on Windows 2003/2008
Adding a Windows 2003/2008 cluster to LiveVault involves a few basic steps:
- Downloading and installing the agent software onto each node in the cluster.
- Configuring the software on the cluster nodes.
- Setting up the backup policies.
Note: The LiveVault software only supports two-node clusters.
Download the Agent Software
Download the appropriate agent software kit for your operating system.
To download the agent software:
- In HP CloudRecover Web Management Portal, select Downloads from the top menu bar.
- The Downloads page opens.
- Select the appropriate agent kit for your operating system and click Download.
Note: You cannot install the 64-bit agent on a 32-bit machine. Likewise you cannot install the 32-bit agent on a 64-bit machine.
Click Run to continue the installation process, or click Save to save the software to a specified location. You can begin the installation process later.
Install the Primary Node of the Cluster
Install the LiveVault agent software on the primary node of the cluster.
To install the primary node of the cluster:
- Ensure the computers in the cluster meet the LiveVault system requirements.
- Ensure that there are no disabled cluster resources of any kind.
- Ensure that the node you wish to install first is the current owner of all of the disks and cluster resources.
- Start the installation program.
- Accept the license agreement and click Next.
- Choose the installation location for the software.
- Click Change to change the destination for the software and for the backup database files.
- The installation defaults to the non-clustered volume with the most free space as the location for the backup database files.
- Note: The LiveVault software and engine data must be installed on a non-clustered volume of the computer.
- Click Install to install the software, The installation completes.
- Click Configure, The Configuration Wizard opens.
Provision the Primary Node of the Cluster
You use the Configuration Wizard to generate an encryption key, to provision the primary node of the cluster to the LiveVault service.
To provision the primary node of the cluster:
- Type the user name and password for your LiveVault account.
- Click Next.
- Select one of the choices:
- For a new computer, select New server being added to the cluster.
- For an upgrade, select Upgrading a previously registered system and select the system name from the list.
- Click Next.
- Select a directory for LiveVault data for each cluster group.
- Note: The primary node must be the current owner of the disks and resources.
- Enter and confirm your encryption key password.
- Important: You must enter an encryption key password for this cluster node. You need this password for installing the agent software on the secondary node of the cluster, and for restores.
Select the Send Encrypted Password option to store a copy of your password with the service. You can then retrieve the password at a later time if you forget it.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish to finish configuring the software.
- Reboot the computer to complete the configuration.
- Fail the cluster resources over to the secondary node.
Install and Provision the Secondary Node in the Cluster
While the primary node of the cluster is rebooting, install and provision the secondary node.
- Perform the steps above to install the agent on the secondary node of the cluster.
- Note: The directories you chose for LiveVault data on each cluster group of the primary node persist on all subsequent nodes of the cluster.
- When the secondary node installation and provisioning is complete, fail the cluster resources over to the primary node and reboot the secondary node.