Adding a Linux computer to LiveVault involves a few simple steps:
- Downloading and installing the service software onto the computer.
- Configuring the software on the computer.
- Setting up your initial backup policies.
To download the agent software kit:
- Log in to the Web Management Portal.
- Select Downloads from the top menu
- Select LiveVault Agent for Linux.
- Download the kit into a temporary directory.
To install the Linux agent software kit to your server:
- Open a terminal window and navigate to the temporary directory location.
- Extract the kit files.
tar xvf <BuildVersion>.tar.gz
tar xvf 7.30Build9069.tar.gz
- Run the installation script.
- If you receive an error, use the command:
- Press Y to accept the license agreement.
- Type a location for the binaries, or select the default location and press ENTER.
- Type a location for the LiveVault data directory, or select the default location and press ENTER.
Note: LiveVault data files can take up space, depending on the number of backup policies you create and the amount of data you are backing up. You should select a location other than your root drive for the LiveVault data.
The system installs the software.
To provision a Linux agent to the service
- To provision a system, press 1.
- Select one of the following choices for provisioning the system:
For a new computer, select 1 New server being added to the backup service.
For an upgrade, select 2 Upgrading a previously registered system.
- Select the system name.
- Enter your username and press ENTER.
- Enter the password to validate your account and press ENTER.
- Enter and confirm an encryption key password for this computer and press ENTER.
The system prompts you to decide if you want to store your encryption key password for emergency recovery, in the event you forget your encryption key password.
Select Y for Yes, or N for No.
Important: It is critical that you remember this password. You need this password to redirect your data to a different location during restores. HP strongly recommends saving the encryption key. Without this key you cannot restore your data.
Follow the instructions in Configuring a New Computer to begin backup for this computer.