The Restore Wizard guides you through requesting a restore. You can restore files over the Internet or have a restore device sent to you. After you determine the restore method, select files and options on the Restore Request page.
To restore data from a standard backup policy
1. Login to the LiveVault Web UI, Click on the server you wish to restore from on the Left hand side.
2. In the Home page, Select the "Restore" tab.
3. Click "New Restore".
4. Select one of the following two options and Click "Next" :
- Have a Media Restore Server Shipped to you
The system displays a page for you to select the version of data to restore, and the shipping method. The Restore Wizard Shipping Information page opens, requesting the address for shipment of the restore device. When the Media Restore Server (MRS) arrives, you attach it to your network. You can then restore the backed-up files
- Restore data over the Internet.
1. Select "Standard Policy Restore" then Click "Next"
2. In the "Name To Use for this restore request" Enter a name for the restore
3. Click the drop down next to "Version" to select the date you wish to restore from
4. Click on the server name to browse files/folders, Click the "+" next to the server name to expand the folders and Click the checkbox next to any files / Folders you wish to restore or Click "Advanced" to use rules as filters for directory and file selection.
5. If you wish to restore to a different computer or directory, or wish to change restore overwrite options or schedule the restore, click the "Options tab" , make the changes required and Click "Next" , otherwise Click "Next".
6. Review the restore information, if all is correct, Click "Done"
NOTE: if you wish to redirect a restore to another Computer, you will first need to install the agent on that computer and download the encryption keys for the server you are restoring from.
To perform a redirected restore on windows, see the following KB Article:
To perform a redirected restore on Linux , See the following KB Article: